Last weekend I was out in Vienna and Serbia with Polar Bear, it was an amazing weekend, our first concert was canceled weeks before and due to some travel complexities we had to go out and spend a day just eating and drinking together in Vienna, It’s a hard life sometimes.
Anyway on to Serbia in the smallest and noisiest plane still flying. Our hosts were some of the warmest and most lovely that I can remember and after a very nice concert we were invited to a brilliant little bar situated underneath a bookshop in Novi Sad. It was packed with all the people who ran the concert and all their friends and it became impossible to avoid having a totally brilliant time. We ended up being gently turfed out at about 4:30 in the morning. This allowed us 3 or 4 hours sleep before flying back to London.
On our return we were greeted by what can only be described as total chaos on the tube, the closure of one of the lines meant that the trains were absolutely packed. At one point on the journey I looked over to the end of the carriage to see a grown woman and man with a child standing on top of my guitar case. The fun weekend was catching up with me and I was only able to close my eyes and ponder the wisdom of not getting enough sleep.
On returning home I flopped onto my bed and let my eyes close. I was really looking forward to seeing my girlfriend who was still out at work. Then instead of drifting of to sleep, words started to come to me. At first in dreamlike washes, which gradually became more and more lucid. After a little while I opened my eyes again, wrote down the forming words and went into the studio picked up the guitar I made back in 2007 and half an hour later I had this:
My first tune in a very long time, I hope you’ll enjoy it and the story behind it.
5 Comments to Love, of and in Autumn.
Leave a comment
@tassosstevens its 132 kingsland road!
I like how Gilbert & George use the bus. Dont forget to come to music hackspace tonight peeps!
Thursday May 23rd @ Troyganic Café, 132 Kingsland Road, LONDON, E2 8DY, read it here: http://t.co/NrI2VTmcAZ
Playing free show tonight @ Music Hackspace with Blanca Regina. Troyganic Café FREE 132 Kingsland Road E2 8DY http://t.co/4QjnHssgoW
- Thursday May 23rd @ Troyganic Café, 132 Kingsland Road, LONDON, E2 8DY
- Vietnam Day 3 Field recording with Richard Eigner and Workshop with Vietnamese Musicians
- Hanoi Score workshop and Scooter ride including Vietnam’s most controversial Fruit! (Day 2)
- Arrived in Hanoi! (Day 1)
- I’ll be playing in Vietnam, Norway, and Germany This month.
- Building Things
- feather study
- field recording
- Graphic Scores
- Live Shows
- Polar Bear
- Site News
- Software News
- The Making of the 5th Leafcutter Album
- Things Thought
- video tutorial
- Weekly DIY Music Thing
- Aleisha on Vietnam Day 3 Field recording with Richard Eigner and Workshop with Vietnamese Musicians
- armorgames.com on Vietnam Day 3 Field recording with Richard Eigner and Workshop with Vietnamese Musicians
- CDY on Acoustic Guitar – Completed Instrument
- Philip McHugh on Acoustic Guitar – Neck and Fretboard construction
- Carl on Why don’t DAWs let you do this?