I was teaching recently and one of my students had a patch with lots of effects in it. They were all routed to a central matrix~ object. It was really powerful but let down by the fact that controlling the matrix~ can be quite confusing esp when performing live. Personally I don’t like having to think in rows and columns when I just want to put the delay after the gate instead of before it.
This is the solution I came up with in Max/MSP, Have a look at Mr Matrix in action…
Lots of fun, I really wish I could do this in Logic Pro!
If you don’t have Max/MSP you can still play with Mr Matrix by installing Max/MSP runtime. Just make sure you put the Mr Matrix folder within the runtime patches folder!
Mr Matrix by Leafcutter John is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at http://cycling74.com/toolbox/mr-matrix-draggable-fx-routing-system/.
1 Comment to Why don’t DAWs let you do this?
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
"Hi, I'm a professional BeDazzler"
Special Cafe Oto Show Tuesday 4th June, read it here: http://t.co/lPSjprwAIB
@dangusset I have no idea.
Total blast from the past, a 2005 remix I'd completely forgotten about just turned up on youtube. http://t.co/ZgzRZ5LWIn
- Building Things
- feather study
- field recording
- Graphic Scores
- Live Shows
- Modular Synth
- Polar Bear
- Site News
- Software News
- The Making of the 5th Leafcutter Album
- Things Thought
- video tutorial
- Weekly DIY Music Thing
- kevin on Acoustic Guitar – Completing the Sound-Box
- Video chat live free on Vietnam Day 3 Field recording with Richard Eigner and Workshop with Vietnamese Musicians
- Theodore on Vietnam Day 3 Field recording with Richard Eigner and Workshop with Vietnamese Musicians
- feedbooks.com on Vietnam Day 3 Field recording with Richard Eigner and Workshop with Vietnamese Musicians
- Jase on Software