Sorry about the lack of updates over the last week and a half, I went away on the Take 5 program which is a career development residency run by Serious on a beautiful organic farm just outside the M25. It’s primarily for jazz musicians but they are open minded enough to have invited me so I guess that means it’s fairly wide open. Anyhow it was a great week, very hard work but lovely people, food, and wine.
Also on a Jazzy tip, I just read this nice review in Jazzwise magazine of the recent Kammer Klang concert at Charlie Wright’s:
“An animated score designed by the enigmatic Leafcutter John, projected onto a blank canvas, provided the structural platform for in-performance composition by the Kammer Klang quartet. Four lines colour coded to each musician respectively, warped over time in size, shape and position, which the musicians interpreted by variations in volume, pitch, attack and decay. The absence of rhythmic, harmonic and melodic structure entailed that the music emanated directly from each musician’s emotional centre. Despite the freedom afforded by this method of musical expression there was an evident coherence to the group’s performance.
An arresting improvised solo set by Leafcutter John of his pioneering ‘folktronica’ concluded the evening. A multi-layered, multi-textured electronic soundscape instantaneously engaged the audience. The acoustic fabrics of guitar, accordion and voice interacted with electronic sound swarms and distortions as each effect seemingly consumed its predecessor.
The musical and intellectual density of the evening matched its engaging and accessible nature: a fine combination for such progressive music.”
Review: Joseph Kassman-Tod
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Me and Melt Yourself Down yesterday on Jools Holland - Fun Fun Fun http://t.co/dNLMxkn3TI
- Building Things
- feather study
- field recording
- Graphic Scores
- Live Shows
- Polar Bear
- Site News
- Software News
- The Making of the 5th Leafcutter Album
- Things Thought
- video tutorial
- Weekly DIY Music Thing
- cheap car insurance for young drivers with pass plus on Final Cafe Oto concert of 2010, 21st December
- minimum car insurance kentucky on Final Cafe Oto concert of 2010, 21st December
- live cam washington dc mall on Vietnam Day 3 Field recording with Richard Eigner and Workshop with Vietnamese Musicians
- Demetria on Vietnam Day 3 Field recording with Richard Eigner and Workshop with Vietnamese Musicians
- Helen on Vietnam Day 3 Field recording with Richard Eigner and Workshop with Vietnamese Musicians