Just a quick one to let you know that one of my short films will be shown at the Barbican in London on Saturday the 20th Feb. It’s my first graphic score as played by the Kammer Klang Quartet at Charlie Wright’s a little while back.
It’s a free event and is listed in the new and updated live shows Section of my site. Unfortunately I won’t be able to attend myself as i’m on Polar Bear duty in Canterbury that day (also listed on Live Shows page).
Take care & don’t forget the Nails gig at the Vortex this Wed!
Sorry about the lack of updates over the last week and a half, I went away on the Take 5 program which is a career development residency run by Serious on a beautiful organic farm just outside the M25. It’s primarily for jazz musicians but they are open minded enough to have invited me so I guess that means it’s fairly wide open. Anyhow it was a great week, very hard work but lovely people, food, and wine.
Also on a Jazzy tip, I just read this nice review in Jazzwise magazine of the recent Kammer Klang concert at Charlie Wright’s:
“An animated score designed by the enigmatic Leafcutter John, projected onto a blank canvas, provided the structural platform for in-performance composition by the Kammer Klang quartet. Four lines colour coded to each musician respectively, warped over time in size, shape and position, which the musicians interpreted by variations in volume, pitch, attack and decay. The absence of rhythmic, harmonic and melodic structure entailed that the music emanated directly from each musician’s emotional centre. Despite the freedom afforded by this method of musical expression there was an evident coherence to the group’s performance.
An arresting improvised solo set by Leafcutter John of his pioneering ‘folktronica’ concluded the evening. A multi-layered, multi-textured electronic soundscape instantaneously engaged the audience. The acoustic fabrics of guitar, accordion and voice interacted with electronic sound swarms and distortions as each effect seemingly consumed its predecessor.
The musical and intellectual density of the evening matched its engaging and accessible nature: a fine combination for such progressive music.”
Review: Joseph Kassman-Tod
"Hi, I'm a professional BeDazzler"
Special Cafe Oto Show Tuesday 4th June, read it here: http://t.co/lPSjprwAIB
@dangusset I have no idea.
Total blast from the past, a 2005 remix I'd completely forgotten about just turned up on youtube. http://t.co/ZgzRZ5LWIn
- Special Cafe Oto Show Tuesday 4th June
- Thursday May 23rd @ Troyganic Café, 132 Kingsland Road, LONDON, E2 8DY
- Vietnam Day 3 Field recording with Richard Eigner and Workshop with Vietnamese Musicians
- Hanoi Score workshop and Scooter ride including Vietnam’s most controversial Fruit! (Day 2)
- Arrived in Hanoi! (Day 1)
- Building Things
- feather study
- field recording
- Graphic Scores
- Live Shows
- Polar Bear
- Site News
- Software News
- The Making of the 5th Leafcutter Album
- Things Thought
- video tutorial
- Weekly DIY Music Thing
- cheap life insurance without exam on Final Cafe Oto concert of 2010, 21st December
- kevin on Acoustic Guitar – Completing the Sound-Box
- Video chat live free on Vietnam Day 3 Field recording with Richard Eigner and Workshop with Vietnamese Musicians
- Theodore on Vietnam Day 3 Field recording with Richard Eigner and Workshop with Vietnamese Musicians
- feedbooks.com on Vietnam Day 3 Field recording with Richard Eigner and Workshop with Vietnamese Musicians