Tickets : £4 adv / £5 door
Join The London Snorkelling Team, Leafcutter John, The Academy Quintet, Simon Bookishand legendary music hall star Miss Dora Prawnshoe for an evening of unlistenable trivia made palatable by the extra special Oto Punch and mince pies.
One staggering night of carefully crafted entertainment for a mere five British pounds (sterling). Bring your friends. It’s all for a good cause – Café Oto!
I’m really happy about how the premiere of the score piece turned out! I think the Kammer Klang Quartet did an excellent job with it. It was inspiring to see how each individual dealt with the notation in a different way while still maintaing some kind of group integrity. It seemed like the whole thing went down well with the audience too, perhaps because they could see the score projected as it was played. I’m going to work on a second score as soon as I finish off the things I have on my plate at the moment, perhaps now the rules have been established it might be fun to bend them a little.
I must thank Lucy for putting on a great night and Dave for his dedication to the sound! Also my thanks to Mr Leo – Simon Bookish who’s criticism and suggestions were invaluable in the making of this piece.
The Kammer Klang Quartet were:
Violins KATE RILEY & HELENA NICHOLLS
Viola ROB AMES
Cello LUCY RAILTON
Kammer Klang is a monthly event and I highly recommend it!
Finally a note about the video – The audio sync is not perfect, this is a video issue and nothing to do with the fine playing of the Quartet! The sound was recorded on my little Sony D-50 and my Soundman Binaural mic’s laid on a table so it’s not fantstic. Good enough though to illustrate the evening’s events.
All the best,
has anyone got an EMF meter they can lend me for a few days?
@nancynancybeep 'Dancing' is Just WOW
- Building Things
- feather study
- field recording
- Graphic Scores
- Live Shows
- Polar Bear
- Site News
- Software News
- The Making of the 5th Leafcutter Album
- Things Thought
- video tutorial
- Weekly DIY Music Thing
- Allison on Vietnam Day 3 Field recording with Richard Eigner and Workshop with Vietnamese Musicians
- gironoturno.com.br on Chekhov Challenge now on BBC iplayer
- Windy on Vietnam Day 3 Field recording with Richard Eigner and Workshop with Vietnamese Musicians
- freelanceswitch.com on Vietnam Day 3 Field recording with Richard Eigner and Workshop with Vietnamese Musicians
- Paige on Vietnam Day 3 Field recording with Richard Eigner and Workshop with Vietnamese Musicians